HELP!!! WINDOW WONT GO UP/DOWN

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Lovell

Reaction score
Tonight when I got off work i put my drivers window down to swipe my id and when i went to put the window back up it made a buzzing/humming sound and the window stayed down. when i got home i took the button out of the door and hit the button and the window went back up. now nothing is happening, just a buzzing/humming sound that sounds like it is coming from the button. is it a bad button, loose wire, relay? Help!!

:cry:

Aloha Flex,

You could try jumping the wires on the back of the switch. If that works then the switch is bad. I got mine from Amazon.

God bless Ed

samething happened to me the quickest fix is to take the whole witch off the door take it apart (the majority of the switch just pops in place) push the metal contacts to make your window go back up... then order another switch on ebay. GOOD LUCK

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight when I got off work i put my drivers window down to swipe my id and when i went to put the window back up it made a buzzing/humming sound and the window stayed down. when i got home i took the button out of the door and hit the button and the window went back up. now nothing is happening, just a buzzing/humming sound that sounds like it is coming from the button. is it a bad button, loose wire, relay? Help!!

😢
Hey same thing just happened to me today. did getting a new switch solve your problem?

Latest posts