Help with 2003 OEM Cargo Light??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick miller

Reaction score
How do you manually turn on the cargo light (the factory one up by the 3rd brake light)? I have rotated the interior knob up past the detent, but this only turns on the interior lights. The whit light will only come on if I use the FOB to open the doors, but it goes out after 30 seconds.

My 95 Ranger has the same light, but I was able to manually turn it on by rotating the interior light knob all the way up. Mine is a 2003 model. Thanks for the help.

Rick

This has been an issue with various years. It seems that Ford likes to alternate years for the interior knob to work one year and not the next.

Some will also light the lamp if you open the door.

There is a solution.... Simply run the power wire from the interior lamp to to the back outside lamp, then it will work off the interior roll knob...

My 2001 would light up if I turned the rotary knob all the way but not come on when I unlock the doors. I did what coastie suggested and wired it into the dome light. There is a project that might help you with wire colors.

Same thing here. Our '02 wouldn't do it either. Ran a small jumper wire from rear seat overhead light assembly to the cargo light housing. Easy to do. Yank the cargo light (two screws) and the overhead light and use a pair of Scotch Locks to run a section of wire between the two hot sides of the bulb circuits. Been working great for four years now...

Mark

Latest posts