Help with programing remote starter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings all, I need a little guidence with programing additional remotes to start my 2001 / job 1 ST. The original starter remote has been dropped too many times and drains a new battery in a couple of days. I picked up a couple of remotes from the local recycler (3 remotes for $5)and have been able to program the door locks but not the starter. I checked out the gemsen.com site that was posted on here a couple of months ago. Lots of different versions but very similar reguarding programing. I had a look at the black box under the dash, one side showed "Vechicle Security System" VSS. But the wizard of a installer used electrical tape to secure the box to the underdash structure destroying the identifiying paper label on the other side of the box. The remotes FCC-ID #'s do not match, is that where i'm having trouble?. Thanks for any insight, This site is great.

PS. Temperture tonight is -41 degrees celcius (windchill) A working remote starter is very good.....

Latest posts