Help with shocks!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Stamps

Reaction score
I took the advice of the folks on this site and went to my local shock/muffler place to replace my stocked shocks on my 02 ST. the first thing he said was that I don't need to replace the back shocks, just the front. Then he said the front two Monroe Sensatrac shocks would cost $250 for the pair! I have two questions for our guys> 1. Should I replace all four shocks and 2, should I spend $250 for just the front two!!!! Help!!!!!!

You can change them yourself. Save some money and you know it will be done right.

Change all 4 shoucks, you will be glad you did.

Tom

I agree with all of the above. Change all four shocks which should cost you less than $200 for all of them. Do it yourself and put the money in your pocket. But, then if your anywhere near Clevlend, OH and ask real nice Cayman might even help you with it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Replace all at the same time ... if they are stock, the others will need replacing in short time anyways, and you'll just have to go thru this again. Not only that, but the ride will probably be a bit awkward ... one pair not so great, the other real nice. I replaced all of mine this summer on my '04, and the difference in ride was dramatic ... got all 4 (Bilstein's) on e-bay for $250 shipped. Worth every penny !!!

$250 for two front sensatracs installed is twice too much $.. Replace all four shocks..they run $40 to $50 at parts stores most installers only charge $15 per shock for install...That shop is ripping you off..

Or go to Sears, that's what I ended up doing when my Pro Comps arrived with one defective and the fronts missing quite a few small parts.

Just got new Pep Boys sale paper. They have free installation this week on monroe sensatrac and reflex...