Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keester R

Reaction score
My trac on start is running rough for 2 seconds then dies. Then will not start. If I wait 15 or 20 min. Then it will start. It is a intermentent problem. It always starts 1st time of the day. Sometimesit does it if it sits for 2 or 3 mins(checking the mail )it also did it 2 times after it sat for a couple of hours. I took it to the shop 2 times. No codes and it started for them no problem. I have cleaned the IAC moter twice and I checked the famous elbow hose while on the trac it looked and felt fine. Any ideas. 2003 trac only 40000 miles. Thanks

Could possibly be a leaking injector which floods a cylinder. Over night the cyllinder may have time to evaporate out the excess fuel and the line pressure goes to zero which will stop the leak. After starting the fuel line pressure is up and shutting the engine off will again flood a cylinder. Just a possibility.

Fuel filter ???

Todd Z

Thanks for the ideas. After work yesterday it would not start. So I sat in the parking lot for 30 min. then it started. Taking it to the shop Monday and going to rent a car until they figure it out.