Helpwith Exhaust problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Stamps

Reaction score
I went to a second "street/custom" shop this past Saturday to see about the "single in/dual out" system. I was turned down again. they told me that the pipes would be too close to the tires! I even showed them the pictures that I got from you guys!. The first shop asked me if there was a kit that I could purchase and bring it in. My questions are:

1..Is installing the pipes on 4x4 different that 4x2? I have 4x4--maybe that's the poroblem.

2. Do you have to remove the tire--permanently?

3. Is there a kit I can purchase to simplifiy this madness?

4. Is anybody having the same problems as I am--maybe it's just an Ohio thing!

sounds like these shops r way too lazy to bend the pipes and they looking for the easy way out for a pre-made kit. there shouldnt be any different between the 4x4 and 4x2 when it comes to exhaust time. only thing, that might be a close call for the exhaust, might be the spare tire, but there should be plently of room for piping no bigger than 3inches in there. id still just have to say, these shops sound way to lazy to deal with pipe bending.

4x4 or 4x2 same at the rear. Sounds to me like the shops you checked out are not compentent with their skill level. You know it can be done.

there is a dual kit you can buy. Heart throb makes a dual kit for the sport trac and you can buy it at jc whitney. it is a fair price too. i came very close to buying it but a friend was able to get me my dynomax next day at a cheap price. if he wasnt able to i was going to buy it. heres the link.

I have a 4x4, George C has a 4x4 Both of us have almost the exact same setup...

It can be done, the shops don't want to do it....

Keep searching....

OR drive here and my shop will do it for you...

Todd Z