Hey Jeff C. - Nice Electric Fan Project!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did the home work for me. lol. I have a taurus e-fan in the bed of my truck waiting for time.

FYI- If anyone has a problem getting the fan, I can ship one for $50 depending on whether the local wrecking yard has any in stock. Locally they want $20-$35 depending on their "mood".

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I bought mine on eBay for $70. I could have gone into bidding wars and waiting, etc, but it had a buy it now and I just wanted to do it, lol. Cost around $120, even with the dress up stuff, which is less than 1/2 the cost of a flex-a-lite or other name brand fan. Been running for a few weeks now and it's still working perfectly.

I got you beat Jeff. I bought the black magic for $220. I went thruogh some water and it broke a blade off the fan. Not again.

Taurus fan is going in.

mdm,

You can run another line into the relay to turn the fan on with the A/C. I use my A/C or heat maybe once a week for 5min to warm the ST up when it gets cool.

hey I think my mom drives a taurus think she would miss the fan :D but serious dose this elp on power or gas mileage

Joey, it should help with both. It will allow the engine to warm up faster because the fan is not on until it's needed. Even when the fan clutch is disengaged, the motor is still spinning the fan and there is drag on the motor. The stock fan is quite heavy.

Latest posts