Hey Todd Z

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Wustman

Reaction score
Hey Todd, I saw in your Library that you have a picture of a Bronco II. Do you still own it? I am currently building an '85 Bronco II for the sand dunes. I am hoping you know as much about the Bronco as you do about the Sport Trac, I will have lots of questions for you then!

I do know a bunch about them, But my BII met it's fate sitting still against a Dodge Caravan doing 60mph.... :(:(:(

Email me at I will try to help in any way i can..... for $9.99 a min... LOL

[email protected]

Todd Z

Thanks Todd, I know the pain...I hit a guard rail about a month ago :angry:. I am in the process of fixing that damage. With my luck, 9.99 isn't too bad HAHA thanks again.

LOL. I have owned both a Bronco II and a Dodge Caravan and they were both the absolute worst vehicles I ever owned. If I'd had them at the same time I would have seriously considered driving them into each other at 60 mph. :D

I happen to have had 2 of them a 88 and the 90....

Both good reliable trucks.... the 88 got a tranny at 150K, motor at 200K and went till 230 and i sold it to a guy who was hit by an excavatror...LOL Crushed that thing...

My 90 never made 100K.....:(:(:(

DUNE,

I don't know much about lifting these or doing the off road stuff with them, I may not be much help... BUT if your rock climbing, I hope you not using the 2.8 or 2.9 motor... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Todd Z

I have owned my BII since 1987. It has almost 350,000 miles on it. The original motor lasted 180K, the rebuild lasted to about 320K The original "junk" five speed lasted to till the rebuilt motor gave up. I now have a 5.0HO motor and automatic transmission in it from a 1993 Thunderbird. If you have any questions about your BII, give me a shout, If I can't answer them, I probably know somebody who can. There are two very good websites that cover the BII, therangerstation.com and broncoII.org.

Good luck

Zeke

Thanks Zeke, I have been looking at broncoii.org, but i'll have to check out therangerstation.com. I will probably have some questions for you eventually too. I bought the bronco II because it was in absolute mint condition and only had 78,000 original miles on it...thanks to the grandma that drove it since new. I only paid 1000 bux for it, which fit my college student budget. All my friends that didn't go to college have the Gen 1 broncos, but they are way out of my price range right now. I will get some pics posted of the little bronco as I build it to my liking!

Latest posts