HID headlights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoffP Lewis

Reaction score
I have some HID headlights in my 07 ST and i love them. But I always seem to have problems with either bulbs going out or ballast going bad.. Also the light in the dash comes on every time i turn the lights on saying check left and right headlights. Same thing with the highbeam ones. The kit i got for some reason doesn't plug into my factory wires. So i had to rewire it. So it is pretty much reading there is no headlight in the harness. Does anyone know where i can either get a really good set that will plug into the factory so i don't have this problem or what i can do to stop this message?

Try this:

http://www.carhidkits.com/ford-76/explorer-hid-kit-195/

I went with the 6000K for my '04 Trac. I also got the optional high beam. Set me back about $100 last December. But the company is good. I had one ballast that went bad last week, and I called them up, and they sent me a new one for no charge (had to send the bad one back). But they cross-shipped, so I was only running my standard bulb for a 4 days.

The install is simple, remove light cover and stock bulb. Install new bulb into light cover, plug the new ballast into the existing wiring harness, attach ballast securely some place (one screw is all you need really), and turn lights on. No re-wiring needed. Simple, quick, and the new lights are sooo much better and brighter.

Latest posts