hockey

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
Just to see how many of you are ready for hockey to start. Being a Pittsburgh fan and looking at who they've picked up I for one am ready. If things had turned out differently I don't think I'd even be interested. There is no loyalty in most players nowadays. Give them the money or they will go to bigger cities that can pay them what they want. Sorry for the long post.;)

Growing up in Chicago, I played as a kid. Blackhawks fan. Then I moved out west, and these days I'm an Avalanche fan. Don't follow it much anymore, don't have the time... (Don't follow any sports much these days, except open wheel racing.) But I am glad to see them back on the ice, where they belong!

Grew up in WI and followed a lot of college hockey most my local Div. III school but was really into the badger games as well. Moved to NC and not a lot of hockey to watch or play. I'm ready to get back to cheering for my beloved Flyers. They made some big additions in Forsberg and Hatcher. Now, only if they all stay healthy!

MK ..... The "other" Mark

I have been a NY Ranger fan since 1973. I am psyched about the season. Unfortunately the games will be on OLN and my local cable co does not offer this unless you buy the HD package.

I too am very sad to see Messier go, I would have liked to see him play for a few more years.

My son plays ice hockey and I am in the adult rec league. Watching the kids play is just as exciting as game 7 in the finals.

FMarano and fkent, I to was sad to Messier go also. They also lost another good Vet. in Francis (announced today). I remember watching him play for the Pens. Hope the younger generation can come around and bring the league back to the better days.;)

I can't wait for the season to start. I am definately going to the opening game for the Caps. Sad to see Bondra leave us after being here so long. Lets Go CAPS

I'm with Michelle on this one. I didn't miss the NHL last year as I went to many of the local UHL games. Looking forward to seeing the Icehogs lose to my Otters,

Diehard Flyers fan. Wasn't sure how I was going to respond to them coming back. Truthfully...I can't wait. Anyone who says players and owners are too greedy...you're right. Answer this...If I offer to pay you 100k more than you're making right now to do what you love someplace else, would you take me up on that offer? There's a good percentage that would. I blame both owners and players but hope they learned from our suffering and make the appropriate steps to make the game better. Sorry to the traditionalist hockey fan...but these times, they are a changin'.

Forsberg, Hatcher, Gagne, Esche and potentially some of the best rookies (Carter, Richards, Niittymaki) in the league.

Pens fans...glad to see them loosen up their grip on the money. NYR will be terrible again. Devils will finish behind the Flyers by 10-15 points. Islanders finish third. Same order as last year...ooops...I mean the year before. Glad the schedule will allow for more inter division rivalry games. Should be interesting.

I'm a ife long Blues fan, but I'm afraid this year will be the first they don't make the playoffs in more than 25 years.

TnB Here,

All I have to say about this post, is BBBRRRIIINNGGG IT ON!!!

Let me clarify:

Born and Raised in Detriot, Michigan! Need I say More!!!

GO RED WINGS!!!!! :):D:rolleyes:;):eek::lol::p:wacko::unsure::cool::blink:

Three Periods on the ice at the Joe Louis Arena...PRICELESS!!!??$%#^@:D