Holland MI Checking in

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlandes

Reaction score
My 17 year old son has a 2005 ST Adrenalin . Perfect truck for him. Unfortunately, I have the responsibility of "dad, something isn't right, please fix it." Thank you all for this forum.

Welcome!
Just do what I do... I make my 16yo do it (started last year with a complete brake job, front bearings and rotors, shocks, sway bars, oil change, trans fluid, power steering flush, cooling system upgrade,...). Help him diagnose and research, find the best price for parts, and explain how to use tools and do the work. Put together his own tool box. He will thank you for it later. :)

#2 son (15 year old) would do that just fine and often does. For some reason #1 - not so much. The Lord blessed him with many talents but this type of work (or really any mechanical/construction work) is not one of them! I have a feeling I will be visiting his house frequently in the future so "dad/grandpa can fix it."

That's cool too. Some people just can't grasp it or are not into it. My daughter (14), for instance, is not interested if it is not art or astronomy. Gotta let them be themselves.

Welcome to the forum.
Lots of friendly knowledgable folk here as a resource.

Sometimes breaking down on the side of a remote\dark\rainy\snowy road,
waiting a few hours for "Dad" or an expensive TowTruck+Mechanic to show up
can also be a good motivator to learn how to maintain a vehicle.

My 17 year old son has a 2005 ST Adrenalin . Perfect truck for him. Unfortunately, I have the responsibility of "dad, something isn't right, please fix it." Thank you all for this forum

My 17 year old son has a 2005 ST Adrenalin . Perfect truck for him. Unfortunately, I have the responsibility of "dad, something isn't right, please fix it." Thank you all for this forum.
Glad to see others are still enjoying these trucks too. Hello from across the lake from Wisconsin.

UMMM we all do that with wifes and kids too... LOL

Latest posts