Horn Beeping when accelerating?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 69347

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a ST beeping the horn (twice) when accelerating ? Three times in the last 100 miles my horn beeps twice when I accelerate hard (merging traffic or passing). Took it to a local shop but they didnt read any error codes. Any ideas before I head to the Dealer? Love my ST and have never had an issue in the 164K that I have driven it.

my horn beeps twice when I accelerate hard (merging traffic or passing)

basically thats another way the ST would say "if you cant do the speed limit then get the F*%$

out my way!!!

:bwahaha:

Hey- I agree and actually kind of like it!! Just hope that something isnt up with my Truck since I drive it for work and dont want to get stuck somewhere . My husband already calls it my chick truck but it has been more reliable than his Dodge Diesel!!

Thats quite impressive since you are mentioning a diesel engine. :banana:

Now im wondering whether you get the "go to hell" look or even a the middle finger when you pass someone or merge lanes. maybe you should consider buying the new Chevrolet Volt since it comes with two horns. One of them being a pleasant one to warn other about its presence lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it beep also when you go over a bump?

Just wondering if there's something loose in the horn switch in the wheel, so that it makes intermittent contact when jostled.

Latest posts