horn fuse burns out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Stouffer

Reaction score
Had to replace steering wheel assy on my 2001 Sport Trac due to cruise control problems. Got a used wheel assy on just fine, however, when I blow the horn it blows the horn fuse. Incedentlly, the cruise still doesn't work. Nothing happens when I push the on button and try to set it. Need help :cry:

Jim:cry:

Just unplug the horns and hit the horn see if it blows again. IF it does its a short int he truck, IF not then the horns are bad.

Todd Z

I agree with Todd Z.

Not sure why you had to replace the entire Steering wheel assembly because your cruise control did not work?? The cruise control switches can be replaced without changing out the whole steering wheel?....You many have plugged something in backwards..:cry:

....Rich

ruined the harness that connects the cruise switches... besides, got the whole wheel for free. put it all back together and it all works....horn too.

OK, sounds like the price was right...:grin: If it all works now, it sounds like something was not plugged in or hooked up right the first time.

...Richard

Latest posts