Horse Fly in my Cluster

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I so I have pulled my instrument cluster out before to swap out the lights...

What I am wondering is if there is another way to remove a horse fly from inside the instrument cluster with out taking my dash entirely apart lol:btddhorse: fly

I know, what a PITA. Had the same issue with dust and a crispy cockroach. Unless you drill a hole in the lens, no other way to clean. LOL

While apart, replaced all the gauge lamps with 194 long life bulbs. Considered LED's, but they don't appear to work very well for the cluster.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to remove. I did this project, meaning changed all the lights with new bulbs. It's very easy. Takes 20 minutes tops. Plenty of videos and how to guides.

TY, I have swapped all the cluster lights to BLUE leds, so I'm familiar with the project.

I think I may just drill a 1/4" hole in the bottom corner of the lens and then put in a silicone plug after I remove the Horse Fly. Just don't want to crack it...:cry:

If I remember right the cluster is sealed so removing it from the dash wouldn't help.

Thanks,

Jeremy:cry:

Lens is NOT sealed. Seven more screws and it can be removed. (See #9)

To prevent cracking, place masking tape over the location, start with a smaller pilot bit, and go slowly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts