Hot Tub?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
something hot?

Nah, no helpful suggestions from me..

Just wanted to inquire about your "lawnmower incident" injury..

Is your leg back to normal?

DO IT!

I have one and highly recommend having one. Honestly, I don't remember the brand, but it feels SO good on my 44 year old bones. It's always real nice, but my favorite time to soak is during a light snow. Soaking in hot water with snow flakes hitting your face, ahhhhhhh.

Good luck and enjoy!

Yeah, they are worth it.... Just keep it clean, there is a bacteria and sickness called something like hot tub lung or something like that.....

But if you can take care of a swimming pool your good to go...

And IF you can winterize hoses and such, even better..

Todd Z

My leg is about 90%, but still have a swollen place that hurts.

We are so looking forward to sitting in the hot tub. I just know it is going to feel better than about anything I can remember that feels good. I swear I must have fibromyalgia (if I were an older, overweight female:lol:) because I just hurt all over all the time. Not bad pain, but darn near everything hurts all over. It hurts enough to keep me from getting out and doing a lot of physical activity most of the time. I'm hoping a hot tup helps, and I am pretty sure it will.

Parents had swimming pools when I was growing up. I'm pretty familiar with maintenance and chemical needs, etc.

I've got a great place at my walk-out patio that is underneath the covered screen porch above from my basement bedroom that has view, but also is somewhat private. Will probably screen it in to keep the leaves and bugs out. Aready ran the 60-amp/240V GFCI box and cable from my subpanel. Also have visualized an old TV in a box of some sort to sit and watch TV, listen to tunes while soaking.

I got one in my deck nothing really to suggest there all gonna come with a warranty or sometin, so jus look around and design it how you want, alot of options.....and make sure to stay on schedule with cleaning it with chemicals other then that enjoy feels good after a long day at work ;)

#1......Don't even think you will want to have 5 people in there! ( I've had a tub on my porch for over 20 years and 99% of the time I am in it alone....and like it that way. The other times it is with my wife. There are very few people I would want to be in a tub with.....and those people don't frequent the world I llive in.)

#2......Look at Hot Springs. The difference is worth every penny. This tub has been totally trouble free. I have the Jetsetter and it big enough for 2 comfortably and easy to maintain. Small is good.

ss

We had a Jacuzzi brand and loved it! The Co stands up to their product. Same Co as Sundance. You will pay for what you get and there are some junks out there.

You do need to maintain it or it will fail kind of like owning a car.

Treat and change the water every now and then depending how you use it.

We will soon buy another Jacuzzi for our new house.

ditto what buzzworth said im usually in ours alone or with the wife the red bikinis dont come with it a good trick to keep any one else out of it tell them no clothing allowed the lint clogs the filter! i believe ours is a hot springs old and still works great

Love ours, use it more in the winter than any time. Shovel a path to it and we are good to go.

One thing, get the LARGEST wire you can to feed the power to the tub. Yes, the wire will cost more right now, but,,, the over-all savings is substantial.

It works like a garden hose, it does not really matter how much force is behind it, the hose is only so big and you will get only what the hose can deliver.

When it comes to electricity, bigger is better. The motors will have their full need and work easier, thus, longer life on the motors. Also, your electric bill will be less as it travels with less resistance through the wire.

I literally bought and used welding wire and have NEVER had an issue.

I plan to feed it with 6-gauge THHN about 30 ft from my 100-amp subpanel that is fed with 4-guage THHN about 15 feet from the 200-amp service just upstairs. Should be good for 60 amps, but the tub I am looking at needs 50-amp service max. :cool:

Red bikini girls don't come with it. I already have one female around here and she is trouble enough already. Sure don't need any more! :lol:

Yeah, as far as I am concerned, the thing wil be no clothing allowed. I don't think the neighbors will complain. If they haven's seen anything like that by now, well it is probably too late for them anyway.:eek:

Get a GFCI dedicated breaker & box for the Hot Tub. I have one on mine, and I have no doubt it saved me. Wife and I were in the tub when it went dead... Turns out the Heater element shorted out and poped the GFCI while we were in the tub.

I have my GFCI in the garage, in a seperate breaker box, then wired to a "quick disconnect" outside, and then to the tub. Coastiejoe is correct, dont skimp on the wire, and if you will have it outside like mine, be sure you get wire suited for ground contact.

One last note, you can use either Chlorine or Bromide, both have their pros & cons. Check to see which would be right for you. I use bromide tablets in a floating dispenser.

The GFCI is mandatory in every state that I know of.

They are not too cheap as they must have a fairly high amperage rating. But,,, they will save your life.

Plan on replacing it about every 2 to 3 years, they just seem to go bad when they are mounted outside.

I have a Hot Springs tub in the deck at the Tahoe house. Had it for 2 years now, and the only thing so far is I've had to have the inside control panel replaced. (For free under warranty) I bought the 5 person Envoy tub, and I've had 5 people in there... once! As has been said above, 99% of the time, I'm in there alone, and the rest of the time my g/f's in there with me. Doesn't matter, the 5 person tub is just right, even by myself!!! Clothes will bring in soap residue, which will foam up the water, so it's a good thing there's nobody else, as clothes are 'no bueno!'.

I've got a Morgan hottub above ground in my backyard. I've had it for about 12 years now. It seats 8 people with jets and is 500 gal.

My house is all electric and it doesn't run up my electric bill very much. It's well insulated to keep out the cold in the winter.

Here's a couple pix of mine.....

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

We have a Vita spa and have had it for 8 years. It has had a computer replaced under warranty and I had to replace the water pump last year at a cost of around $300.00. It costs around 1 dollar a day electricity to operate. I use chlorine in a floater to disinfect the water. The temp is kept around 100 degrees. Be sure to purchase a good insulated cover. We also have a closed cell foam pad that we cut to float on the water to keep the cover from getting waterlogged. Our old cover became very heavy and we replaced it and added the floating cover and haven't had a problem since. I have found that the most important chemistry to monitor is PH. If PH is proper the spa water is very easy to keep clear. This is our third spa and if it breaks I will replace it that day if possible. Be sure to purchase or fabricate a cover lift.

I use Bromine in mine.....easier on the eyes. My unit has one of those ozonators which turns on during the auto clean/filter cycle. It really helps keep the water clear and suds down.

I usually keep my water temp set to 100 deg as well. If I decide to shut off the heater, it has a built-in freeze protection where the heater and pumps will auto kick in to keep the pipes from freezing.

I replace the water about twice a year which also helps cutting back on chemical usage to keep the PH etc balanced.

When I bought my unit, the deck, pavestone and the spa ran me about $12,000....again, this was 12 years ago.

Had a hot tub, had to get rid of it after this happened...........

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jdjv5ZwQcdQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jdjv5ZwQcdQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts