how did he do this

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an enclosure from Radio Shack I think. He installed real carbon fiber, (he used to make custom CF parts at home for his projects, like his throttle body cover) trimmed the box to fit in the console, and wired it up. And yes, he's a member. His name is Ryan Eylander. His library is full of really cool photos of really cool projects he's done. He is the one that built my console with the screen in it for me.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
So Larry..You still in Honduras? Just wondering cause I believe you were originally living in the Wichita area, stationed @ McConnel AFB. Am I correct? If so, is your home still here?

I'm in ICT myself and really like the mods you've done to your ST. Would like to check em out sometime in person. I see several ST's around town but have never received a nod from any of them so I'm assuming it's just transportation to them.

My ST is still stock but I have ideas (mainly from this site) and need some motivation.

Take care and THANK YOU for your service to me and the USA.

Ryan has not posted in a long time on here. Last time I heard from him was just before Thanksgiving last year. He was going to do a center consloe piece for me, but he was too busy with school and was going to be on vacation. That was it. Haven't seen any posts from him in a while.

Dave, I'm still in Honduras until March. My next base is Scott AFB Ill, which is a little closer to home (St. Louis) but, my parents in some freaky twist of fate moved down to Wichita about 3 months after I left. Other than Allen, I haven't seen very many active members in the ICT area. BTW, my dad is driving Jade to work and back quite a bit to keep the fluids circulating. If you're lucky you might see him on Kellogg one of these days. He works at the Dole VA center. You'd probably catch them over on the west end of town.

Take care and THANK YOU for your service to me and the USA.

And thank you, it's people like you who make the sacrifices we go through meaningful.

--You don't know how much I miss driving my ST...

We may have much to talk about Larry. Believe it or not, I lived on the East side Of Belleville. Graduated from BTHS West in 79. I lived real close by to Scott AFB (right down the street from BAC, which is SWIU now). Got my A&P at BAC and moved to ICT to work for Cessna. Now I'm at Boeing.

My brother inlaw spent a few years at Scott while it was a SAC base (late 70's). Don't have a clue what is going on there now. But if you want my opinion...Belleville SUX. Yes, St. Louis is really close but that drive through East St. Louis can be nerve racking at times. Wish you the best!!!

Anyway, I'm on the Northeast side of ICT and don't much get to the West side but I will keep my eye open for that pretty blue ST. I know where the VA is (Oliver & Kellogg) but, once again, I don't go by there much.

Once more...THANK YOU and all your Brothers and Sisters in Service...

Take care...

Scott is now Headquarters, Air Mobility Command (formerly MAC), and U.S. Transportation Command. Air Force Communications Agency (formerly Air Force Communications Command) is also there. I'm going to the 375th Communications Squadron. Thanks again!