How do i ship a tonneau cover?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
I am trying to sell my tonneau cover. How in the world do you ship something like that?

Do I need to bring it to the post office or UPS? Will they box it up? I also heard I can send it through greyhound?

Any help would be appreciated

Joseymack

It is under the 150lb limit of a ground shipper like fedex or dhl... Will be a pain to box you self, but make sure it is well protected...

You could wrap it in bubble wrap and use a lay down wardrobe box to box it in...

Or have a mailing store ship it for you..

Todd Z

From experience - I was on the receiving end of a 5h1tty box job by UPS.

Make sure you use more than just bubble wrap - try to get thick styrofoam that kind of fits the corners. Mine took some beating in transit.

Back to UPS - it was an eBay purchase and the dumb bastards gave the money back to the guy who sold me the top. It was supposed to be new in box. Well it was semi-used. And then packed poorly so when it showed it was not as expected. Since the dirty animal who sold it to me paid UPS they refunded him the money. OK, now he has been paid twice for the same product and I have an inferior tonneau cover. To top it off eBay is giving me grief on their end. Word to the wise - always use PayPal, make sure the seller is reputable (no matter how bad you want the product) and keep good notes.