How do you Clear the Park Aid DTC

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berf

Reaction score
I have a Park AID message on my dash and I think I found a dirty connector at the rear and cleaned it, but now I need to clear the DTC is has set, and it doesn't show up on my scan tool (Foseal). Does anyone know how to clear this DTC or what kind of tool I need to see and clear this DTC?

Brake fluid? I'm talking about the parking aid sensors on the rear of a second generation Sport Trac that beep when you back up to an object. I have a Parking Aid Sensor warning when I put it in reverse, and the sensors don't appear to be working. I tried FORScan to see if it could read out a DTC from them, but I don't even see this system listed on FORScan.

I guess the next thing someone will tell me is that I need to change the blinker fluid. :rolleyes:

I'm going to load the Extended Liscense for FORScan and hope that it will allow my PAM (Parking Aid Module) to show up in FORScan so I can check the DTCs and reset it.

Looks like I may have found the problem. One of my parking aid sensors is bad. I also need a different scan tool, that can read MS-CAN protocol so the FORScan will be able to see the PAM module.

Brake fluid? I'm talking about the parking aid sensors on the rear of a second generation Sport Trac that beep when you back up to an object. I have a Parking Aid Sensor warning when I put it in reverse, and the sensors don't appear to be working. I tried FORScan to see if it could read out a DTC from them, but I don't even see this system listed on FORScan.
Sorry about the misunderstanding. I was relating to the fact that some of the gen1 owners were getting the dash light and code, when the brake reservoir was low.
BTW, you cant find blinker fluid anymore. Only muffler bearings...o_O✌️

Muffler Bearings???? Do you know how long I have been looking for them? Where did you find them?

Latest posts