How many miles on your ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon W

Reaction score
The post about hitting 100k got me thinking. How many miles do other ST owners have, and any problems?

I'll roll to 162k tomorrow on my 01 4wd ST, and have been fortunate thus far. I've bought it 3 years ago exactly (Feb. 2004) with 50k.

Only problems/repairs/maintenance:

- Oil changes every 5k miles - (every 3k since hitting 150k).

- Air filter about every 50k

- 60k - New tires and front brake pads and rotors - Mich. XCX/APT tires

- 100k - New ball joints, serpentine, and flushed all fluid systems

- 145k - New front brake pads

- 150k - Thermostat finally went bad. Replaced myself.

- 160k - New tires - BFG AT KO R15-31-10.5

- Oil pressure guage is flatlined for the first few minutes every time it starts, but then springs up. Been doing that since 130k though.

- 4wd switch has been faulty since I bought it. had the 4wd motor replaced upder the extended warranty, but i found later the problem to be in the switch itself. If I rebuild it once a year, it will work after i turn it back and forth a few times. Never worked right in neutral, rolling, anything.

Mostly highway driving at first. A bit more stop and go this past year.

Still running strong though all things considered.

It's definately lost some of the pick-up. Don't believe RPM's will exceed 3500 even if I floored it, but it still gets me there every single day.

Due for some maintenance though if I want to get to 200k. I am still on the original spark plugs. Yeah the Michelins lasted a full 100k miles.

At this point, I want a new truck with more power, but I am torn, because my favorite feature far and beyond is the rear window that drops down. It's the most versile feature on the truck, and in my mind makes it more versatile than ANY other truck period. Too bad not one truck out there, including the 07, has it. Ikeep this may just keep this one and buy the V6 Fusion in few months.

Anyway, this post got away from me and is way too long. But back to the point, How many miles do you all have?

49K 2003 St

Todd Z

01 Job 2 Bought 07/05 with 90 K. Now it has 119 K, but I have been driving it a lot more since I moved to Florida (road trips and such). It has always ran great, and over Christmas I had all the fluids flushed, replaced the spark plugs and wires, upgraded the air filter, and did the other "tune-up" sorts of things. I bought two tires about a year ago when I got a flat, and I am looking to replace the other two here pretty soon.

I still really like the 'Trac - like Brandon said I could not see myself living without the rear sliding window, but I don't love it like I did when I bought it. The wind noise is starting to get old, and whenever I buy gas I find myself feeling like my lifestyle doesn't make a truck absolutely necessary, but it doesn't have me in a rush to sell it either. I want it to last at the very least two more years because of my financial situation, but I might keep it longer if it's still running well.

My 01 has 200k on it

: I have replaced the battery Twice

: I have replaced the air filter Twice

: New tires

:eek:il change every 1000 miles" Full synthetic":D

126,720 miles on mine and it is better then when I bought it 8 months ago at 120600. I love it._Ron

65k 2003.

All I can say is:

Brandon, "oil change every 1000 miles"? The oil will last longer than that. Be a rebel! Go for 1500 next time! (just kidding man):D

Todd, damn, with all the mods you have done on your ST and only 49k? Get out there and drive that beauty!!! Put the hammer down! The gas prices have gone down alittle!

Nice to see a few on here that can prove that these vehicles aren't all lemons. I'm hoping to get some of the same exact mileage out my beauty.;)

2001 2wd with 133,000 miles- 99%highway miles--- just replaced tires, shocks, ball joints.

running strong- thinking about flowmasters- how much help do they give you on mpg???

Definately not lemons. I beleive mine is a job one as well, as it has the basic plastic flip cupholder and removable cloth storage bag under the arm rest. I also forgot about the drivers door latch assembly failing when a spring snaped. A few weeks later someone backed into the drivers door and took off, so that was fixed at that time. Ever since, wind driving fast over bridges is really high. Oh well.

Very impressive on the 200k mark. Hopefully I'll get there without too many problems.

Will need to invest in some spark plugs soon and try to figure out why it's sluggish nowdays.

56K on my '02 4x4. Alternator replaced under warranty. Recently replaced the tensioner pulley and belt. Piece of junk. :rolleyes:

KEEP ON TRACN'! ;)

96,000KLM. Replaced front hub bearing at 90,000klm, had a few minor issues during the bigging when i purchased it new. other then that, been one of my bes vehicles so far.

this is actually my second ST. my first one was purchased the year they came out. that one was also good in reliability.

patrick pierobon

Latest posts