How many miles?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have 2 04s, one with 245000, one with 52k, with good maintenance they will run a long time. i put in synthetic oil from day one, i got mine at dealership new and changed oil same day. i use parking brake from drive to neutral before park to take pressure of trans so i never had issue with weak shafts. only issue i have had is right hub went bad.(known problem).

2010 ST XLT 52,000 miles and just replaced front strut.

2005 XLT 252741 miles regular oil changes, engine and tranny never touched, all accessories work, original spare under truck. Was great truck till Ram 450 rear ended truck. Believe it would still be going strong. One great truck!
1866D475-2DCB-492C-BB6D-788FB3E94110.jpeg

1 alternator
1 x baljoint change
1 harmonic balancer
2 batteries
2 set of shocks all around
1 fuel pressure sensor
3 sets of tires Michelins
1 windshield

Attachments

• 2DCFA0C3-1D80-462F-BF31-1307C20B96B9.jpeg
    2DCFA0C3-1D80-462F-BF31-1307C20B96B9.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 650EF402-9FFB-4B9D-800D-C73F6D5EE3DC.jpeg
    650EF402-9FFB-4B9D-800D-C73F6D5EE3DC.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 113
2005 XLT 252741 miles regular oil changes, engine and tranny never touched, all accessories work, original spare under truck. Was great truck till Ram 450 rear ended truck. Believe it would still be going strong. One great truck!View attachment 1478

1 alternator
1 x baljoint change
1 harmonic balancer
2 batteries
2 set of shocks all around
1 fuel pressure sensor
3 sets of tires Michelins
1 windshield
Still drivable, Ain't it? ( Kidding) Sorry that had to happen.

'02 XLT with 136,000. Still drive it about 100 miles a week. Runs good, but a little beat up and has exhaust leak that needs to be looked at. Also ABS isn't working properly. Everything else works fine.
I want to get a newer one in better condition, some day.

2001 209,000 Bought New. No rust but Florida sun hurting the paint. Need driver leather seat cover replacements. Anyone got info on OEM or close to it replacement covers?
Here's a cheap solution, $25. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019MEVSQ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Almost $200 was out of my wheelhouse, and this fit fine, looked better than the tattered leather. Too bad the color doesn't match very well, but the truck is a bit of a beater at this point anyway.

Attachments

• Seat_Cover.jpg
    Seat_Cover.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 110
Have a 2008 Sport Trac, with 162,000 miles on the ticker. Bought used, and the leather seats need some help. I am on my THIRD thermostat housing, which unfortunately is a know problem with the 4.0. Factory leather seat covers are still available from Ford, but at $300 a seat, I just cannot stomach that.

Have a 2008 Sport Trac, with 162,000 miles on the ticker. Bought used, and the leather seats need some help. I am on my THIRD thermostat housing, which unfortunately is a know problem with the 4.0. Factory leather seat covers are still available from Ford, but at $300 a seat, I just cannot stomach that.
Stop spending money+time on junk plastic Factory\AfterMarket ThermoStat Housings,
& potentially overheating+damaging your engine when they crack+leak.
Get an Aluminum ThermoStat Housing; cost comparable to AfterMarket plastic & much less than Ford OEM.
More info here
https://2001fordexplorersporttrac.fandom.com/Engine_Coolant_ThermoStat

With the right Lawyer..... looks like a new anything you want.
Yeah it looks promising but daughter has gone thru hell , two rods in left leg, two neck surgeries, broke wrist, headaches from concussion from hitting windshield. Airbags never deployed as front of truck other than hood never looked like it had been in accident! Was really unbelievable!

2007 ST Limited 4.6, 190K. Starts up fine, transmission shifts nicely.
Brother sold it to me cheap with 178k. Other then normal maintenance-Radiator, belt tensioner and idler pullies, O2 sensors.

240K, in California. The underside still looks new. I've only had it from 215k, but I'm changing the oil every 3000 with Motorcraft stuff, hope it keeps on going. I'm enthused by some of the high numbers people are quoting!

Yeah it looks promising but daughter has gone thru hell , two rods in left leg, two neck surgeries, broke wrist, headaches from concussion from hitting windshield. Airbags never deployed as front of truck other than hood never looked like it had been in accident! Was really unbelievable!
sorry to hear that and hope for a full recovery...