How much oil to spray on Volant intake?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
The cleaning kit I bought for my Volant didn't come with an OEM oil spray (it's from "SB", not Volant-labeled like the cleaning spray bottle is). No biggie, but the instructions on the oil spray can refers to some spray guide that's supposed to help me spray just the right amount of oil on the filter. Well, the kit doesn't come with the guide nor is it available at the website listed on the can.

So basically, after the filter's clean and dry, how much oil am I supposed to spray? One even coat all around then let dry?

Spray just enough between the pleats to asorb the color of the oil. Let it sit for awhile and if you find any no oiled spots, lightly spray them. Give the cotton time to asorb the oil so you dont over oil it. Better to make several light applications, than to over oil it and mess up the mass air sensor..

No I havent put a cai on the trac yet. but I have ran k&n and mac on my stang. the instuctions are all the same..I have the k&n drop in on the trac for now. Iam going to modify a k&n conical from the stang for the trac..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts