How tall are we???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Vincent

Reaction score
I have an 03 XLT 4x4 with stock tires and monroe reflex shocks. What is the height of my truck to the roof rack?

Thanks,

Peter

Just tall enough for the tires to touch the ground. Seriously though, IF you are concerned about drive throughs/parking garages, I never had a problem with my '01 and I had a Yakima on the top of it. The crosbars were up about 2 inches over the top of the stock rails, and then I had a couple of bike carriers up there. Been in parking garages and many drive-thrus. I would think that I was close in some places, but then would see Expeditions and Tahoes in there. They have got to be taller then me in stock trim...

pnoid72,

I have an obvious, and simple suggestion/solution to your question. It is 100%

accurate on any vehicle, at any time.

BUY A TAPE MEASURE!!!

I hope this wasn't a trick question!

Seriously, use a tape measure when you are loaded up the way you want to be, and

measure! Don't forget to add an inch, or maybe two, for those speed bumps/suspension

travel for uneven pavement, and the like!

;)

209.5" long

71.8" wide

70.6" high

125.9" Wheelbase

58.5'"/58.3" front/rear track

Where did I get this information? The owners manual. Read it.

Don't have one?

Click the link. Pick your brand, year, and model for any and all information you ever wanted to know about the vehicle you drive.

To get the dimensions, goto page 188.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom,

Good factory specs. But was mine not a good suggestion, in case there are any

mods, etc...? (I know p'noid didn't sound like he had any that would affect this dimension).

Just trying to prevent any of the "math-challenged" on here, like myself, from taking off

a set of roof-mounted fogs, roof racks, etc...

I still love my tape measure!;)

Could have come to Louisville and torn around the parking garage by the baseball stadium with us.... :lol::lol::lol:

Ohh I would say at least 5 tracs fit in there...