How to remove wax from grey bumper

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I wax my ST I cannot avoid to have wax on the grey bumper. When it dries up, it really looks "stained". Do you guys have the same problem and if so, how do you take it off?

Regards, JD.

With a good old fashioned gum eraser. It works great for removing wax from any plastic trim or rubber weather stripping.

[Broken External Image]:

The best way is to use peanut butter. Believe it or not it works great. Creamy is better than crunchy but both work. Just spread it over the white wax residue and rub it in for a minute. The oils in the peanut butter break down the wax residue and absorb it. Just be sure to wipe it off with clean rags.

Guys, is all this really serious? Eagle, have you used the peanut butter on your ST? Wwashing, have you used Dove on your ST? Train, have you used an eraser on your ST?

Guys, is all this really serious? Eagle, have you used the peanut butter on your ST? Wwashing, have you used Dove on your ST? Train, have you used an eraser on your ST?

Yup. I use the eraser all the time. Works great!:cool:

>Wwashing, have you used Dove on your ST?

I always use Dove when starting a new waxing program (changing waxes). I have done this foryears. Itmwill remove car wax.

JD, I saw the peanut butter trick on a cable TV car show a few weeks back. Showed it for that very purpose; removing excess wax from a plastic bumper.

I TOO thought it strange the first time I was told to do it.

Made me think back to my Scouting days of the "left-handed smoke shifter".

TJR

Sorry it took me a while to respond. But, yes it works wonders. I wasn't adventurous enough to make a sandwich with it or wash it down with milk, but the haze was gone. It does sound wierd but it works wonders. Try it, what's the worst thing you are out of a teaspoon of PB?.

Latest posts