How to replace Gauge lights? I can't find it in the search list or projects.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Gerner 2

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm gonna replace the burned out lights in my gauge cluster and othe places on the dash. I've search in the search section and looked in the projects and can't find it. I remeber a project from one member that converted his lights to blue l.e.d. but no luck . Any help and or links would be awesome, thanks.

Be careful with the gear indicator wire, I didn't note that in the project. If you aren't careful you will stretch/break it.

Just be sure to change ALL the lights. I thought there were three, since the left and right side were out and the center still worked, so I bought 2 of the 2 packs. When I took it apart, I found out there were FIVE bulbs in there, and the left two and right two were out. Ok, no sweat, because the center bulb still worked. I replaced the four bulbs, put everything back, and now I have four working bulbs! That center bulb died during the changeout! Now I have a dark spot in the middle!

Latest posts