How to take care of Chrome rims and pics of dual exhaust.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Pierobon

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has some good tips i should know about caring for chrome rims. the daily stuff or monthly. just so i can keep them in tip top shape.

second question is for dual exhaust. does anybody have pics of how it is set up underneath the trac. went to a local shop and they said it would be difficult. can somebody share some pics so i can show them or go to another shop and see what they can do.

thx in advance.

patrick pierobon

I still haven't gotten pictures of where the pipes are routed yet. I'm sure it took alittle imagination to see the path to take, but I would comsider checking with another shop. The shop I used have done alot of different work for me and seem to enjoy the challenge of seeing if they can figure out how to do what I want...they seem to get as excited as I do.

The shop you went to may be wanting to jack up the price due to the difficulty....I think the going rate for this kind of work is around $300 to $400 just to give you a ballpark figure to look for.

It depends if you are trying to get a dual exhaust from the front or a cat back system. I do have duals from the cat back, looks and sounds good, there should be a pic in my pics. The rims issue, just wash them regarly and try and get a set of standard rims for the winter if they use salt on the roads.

Duece

From 13 posts down...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/libraryselect.asp?folder=Flowmaster%20Dual%20Exhaust

My chrome rims gather alot of brake dust, especially on the front wheels. It isn't that difficult to take off, just time consuming. What I do is take a wet rag and wipe the wheels to "agitate" the dust and then just spray them down. After they are dry, about every three to four months, I'll polish them with Mothers Chrome Polish and throw some Meguiar's Gold Series Wax on them. This makes cleanup alot easier after the next couple of months go by. I really need to get some ceramic brake pads, sometimes it's just unbelievable how much dust accumulates on there.

cruzrtwdgt,

Not to hijack the thread, but how well does that Powerball work? I've seen them advertised in magazines, but always wondered about the effectiveness. Does your ball get pretty dirty each time and does it clean up easily?