How to tell the diff

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the job2 will have the indents for a hand grab in the armrest, for closing the doors...

What he said plus if the color is Carbon or Orange Frost it will be a Job 2 and if its Mineral Gray its a Job 1. Also, the last five characters of the VIN should be an indicator but I don't know the break point. My guess is that if the VIN is higher than about 35000 it should be a Job 2. Can anyone confirm? I also think anyone who has access to Ford's OASIS website could probably tell you the build date if they know the VIN number. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who does.

Well, I see the Job 2's are starting to show up in dealer's inventories. I have found at least three here in Ohio. If you look at the on-line window sticker it actually says "JOB #2 ORDER-07/31/06". The last five characters of the VIN's have been 31886 or higher. I actually got excited when I found #32545 because it had everything I wanted until I realized it was a V6. :(

By the way, the Power Rear Window option was added prior to Job 2. VIN's ending in about 23000 or higher might have that option.

Holy crap! If you're looking for a Job 2 and live anywhere near Memphis, TN there are a couple of dealers down there that have more than a dozen Tracs each in stock and several of those are Job 2's. Unfortunately, it looks like most of the Job 2's are V6's so far. Most of dealers around here only have two or three in stock and nearly all of them have been on their lots for several weeks...

Last edited by a moderator:
My black Limited V8 has the power rear window, serial # 29672, built in July, 2006. No door handle cutouts. I'm getting used to the door handles on mine, but no question they are still an ackward design.