Howdy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Gay

Reaction score
Howdy all,

Name's Rob and I'm new to this site - obviously. I live in Az and bought my '04 ST from my uncle last September. I love it love it love it. It is the 3rd Explorer I've owned ('94 XLT 4x4, '02 XLT 4x2) and I'm hooked. Anyway, I'd like to eventually lift it up a bit, put some plates on the bottom, and a winch on the front. Love the mileage and the fact it can use E85 is an awesome bonus too. Anyway, here's a pic to prove I'm not making it all up.

[Broken External Image]:

Just don't do something absolutely ridiculous liking painting your headlights black. :smack:

Welcome to the site AzRob, there's alot of different ways to go about lifting up your Trac. $$$$$, $$$$$$$$ or like most of us do you can go the $$$ way and have it look as good if not better then the more expensive ways. I did the 2" Torsion Twist, Warrior Products lift shackles, Peformance Accessories 3" body lift and 285/75/16 BFG's. Eventually like Chad (another member), I'm going to do a Solid Axle Swap up front (more lift, more articulation in suspension). Here's a pic of mine to get an idea-

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Zonie, welcome to the club. Lots of guys here will be able to help you with the Trac. You know, you could allways come over to the "dark side" BC :supercool::supercool:

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks all for the kind welcome. Be sure that I'll be poking my nose in and asking questions as I go about making my ST more backcountry capable. Looks are nice, but function is high on my list. Function has a beauty of its own. :)

Latest posts