HP after these mods...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
Realistically, how many horses am I adding with the following mods:

1. Volant cold air intake

2. Flowmaster 40 exhaust

3. Zabtek TB

4. XCal2 87 oct tune (per above mods)

I have an 04, 2WD, 4.10 LS

Thanks!

Stock about 175 or so rear wheel.... After those mods maybe 185 or so rear wheel..you could get more with a 93 tune, but that is what I have seen from most dyno days...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Devide the RWHP by .85, thats a good ballpark figure, crank, about 218 ish

Thanks Bill.

Todd, come next year I'll be getting a TB from you, so if you could set aside a nice low-mileage one for me that'd be cool. ;)

After all is said and done, I'd have spent about $80 per hp increase. Uhh...what?

One day, I will buy a second car...probably a new Mustang, that'll squash all this acceleration and handling envy I have pent up.

I won't give up the Trac!

H.P ain't cheap, my baseline was 168 RW

After Intake, exhaust, E-fan, Excalibrator, UD pulley, pro m maf,Todds T.b., Y-pipe

Am at 209 RW, would I do it again? NO

I actually enjoy modding my vehicles. It's just fun! I'm not messing with much else though. A TB and the Xcal3 and thats it.

I wanted to buy the TB and the programmer at the same time but I don't think funds will allow!

It shouldn't be a problem buying the programmer and then installed the TB a little while later right?

Should I do it the other way around just to make sure that I've got the most out of the programmer with the TB taken into account?

Bill, that's 245 HP at the crank. Those are good, in fact, awesome numbers especially compared to current Frontiers and Tacomas.

I'm not gonna do the E-fan, but with those numbers I just might consider aftermarket maf and pipes in addition to my list above.

Thanks Bill. How's your mileage, btw?

Todd, what increases will the following Zabtek parts provide:

1. Power pulleys (all applicable to 4.0)

2. MAF

3. Y-pipe

4. Hi-flo cat

Plus do you have any pics of the MAF with the flange adapter built in, installed on the 4.0?

Thanks!

Psy,

most things you install that are in the system after the MAF do not require a re tune....

Only if you want the MOST you can get, have it dyno tuned.... OR send the tuner some data logs..

Trac,

I think that would get you to the 200 mark.... maybe 195 or so.... depends how the truck and your tuning respond to the new mods..

Gary D just posted the pic, I have them in my lib, Rachel, Paul George, all of us have them...

My mpg is great with Rachel driving my st.... 18/19 local, and 24 or more highway...

I drive it local i get 13-15... LOL... I drive the crap out of it....

Todd Z

Thats +/- a few miles after the lgt comes on, have maybe 1.5 gals left

Am certain all gen 1 tracs can get the same as I get if in good tune, running syn oils.

Am amazed by the people on the site that report 12/14 MPG.

Is all in how you drive, tire pressure (I run 40 lbs) with a custom blend of approx 70% nitrogen 30% O2, the Nitro blend make all the diff in the world:rolleyes:

"most things you install that are in the system after the MAF do not require a re tune....

Only if you want the MOST you can get, have it dyno tuned.... OR send the tuner some data logs.."

Ah cool!