I emailed my uncle- This is his take on fuel and oil additives from his research job

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if Z-Max has any merit, but I do know about the capillary effect. If they poured Z-Max onto a highly polished block of steel, and you could still see it soak into the metal, then that would be a totally different matter. But letting liquids fill up voids in mostly void-filled surfaces is going to make the liquid stand out, and has absolutely nothing with the metal "absorbing" (it doesn't) Z-Max. It's a stunt.

That doesn't necessarily mean that Z-Max is snake oil, but it doesn't make a legitimate case for Z-Max either.

The bottom line is that small molecules do fit in small spaces, but they also are volatile and will enter the atmosphere rather than stay stuck to your metal bearing surfaces.

There's no such thing as a free lunch, folks.

I would rather run out of gas than buy Cheveron. (F-U Hugo Chavez!)

I will continue to use Sta-bil for all my lawn equipment / generators / etc. (It works!)

I am due for my first oil change from the factory oil, and will now go with Synthetic (1st time ever - for me)

I believe Uncle X

Everything Eddie's Uncle said pretty much is what I have read in different reports/studies through the last several years so I believe him.

Latest posts