I finally found a Sport Trac !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHarvey

2005 XLT Adrenaline
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After quite the search I am happy to say I bought a 2005 Sport Trac Adrenalin today ! I’m going to enable this truck to be flat-towed behind my RV along with a multitude of other uses. The story is pretty cool…

I found the truck on Craigslist in Northern California last week and in one of the craziest coincidences I’ve had in my entire life I ended up knowing the seller as he was once married to a friend of mine. Crazy. At the same time I found another truck on Craigslist that needs a Transmission rebuild but it has a camper shell that matched the truck I wanted to buy and was in the same area. 😳🤔😉…Could I thread the needle and buy a truck and a camper shell on the same day ?!?!
This morning I left Sacramento for the SF Bay Area to see my old friend and hopefully buy the truck. Everything went well, we settled on a fair price and I got the keys! After that I called the guy with the camper shell and he agreed to sell me the shell right off his truck. I offered him 300.00 and he took it! 🤯. We moved the shell from his rig to mine and I was on my way home. The truck runs and drives beautifully. It does have the classic “electrical demons” in the gauges (fuel gauge isn’t working and the odometer/trip flickers on and off) (check engine light popped on and off a few times as weilso hopefully I can get some help/tips/advice from you guys with that.

Now that I own a Sport Trac I finally feel like a real member of this forum!! Thanks to all of you who responded to my previous posts offering answers to my questions and advice on what to look out for in my search for a truck.
Stoked !!! Thanks !!!

Attachments

• 1035886E-1203-46EE-A772-01A65863D5AD.jpeg
    1035886E-1203-46EE-A772-01A65863D5AD.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 180
That is great G., I am sure that you will have a great time. The electrics should not be a big problem. Get a good code reader to start. The shell is really an upgrade for the truck. Tough to take brush to the dump though.
Enjoy and God bless Ed

nice find, looks in great shape, and to find a shell, wow. should of bought a lottery ticket that day.

After quite the search I am happy to say I bought a 2005 Sport Trac Adrenalin today ! I’m going to enable this truck to be flat-towed behind my RV along with a multitude of other uses. The story is pretty cool…

I found the truck on Craigslist in Northern California last week and in one of the craziest coincidences I’ve had in my entire life I ended up knowing the seller as he was once married to a friend of mine. Crazy. At the same time I found another truck on Craigslist that needs a Transmission rebuild but it has a camper shell that matched the truck I wanted to buy and was in the same area. 😳🤔😉…Could I thread the needle and buy a truck and a camper shell on the same day ?!?!
This morning I left Sacramento for the SF Bay Area to see my old friend and hopefully buy the truck. Everything went well, we settled on a fair price and I got the keys! After that I called the guy with the camper shell and he agreed to sell me the shell right off his truck. I offered him 300.00 and he took it! 🤯. We moved the shell from his rig to mine and I was on my way home. The truck runs and drives beautifully. It does have the classic “electrical demons” in the gauges (fuel gauge isn’t working and the odometer/trip flickers on and off) (check engine light popped on and off a few times as weilso hopefully I can get some help/tips/advice from you guys with that.

Now that I own a Sport Trac I finally feel like a real member of this forum!! Thanks to all of you who responded to my previous posts offering answers to my questions and advice on what to look out for in my search for a truck.
Stoked !!! Thanks !!!
Serendipity! Great buy G, happy for you.
Cheers!

What was it Dorothy said on the Wizard of Oz. Sometimes your hearts desire is next door. Or something like that. Congrats on the truck and camper. Not sure if pulling behind a camper is a good idea. I've heard it wears heavily on differential gears. May be something you will want to check out.

Congrats !

Nice~!!!
& Glad you already know about the gauges issue.
Seen 05 & was like, uh oh hahaha

Heres the company I used to have my 05 ST gauges repaired.
I Think its going on 2 years now after the repair Without any issues.

But, DO NOTTTTTT upgrade to LED lights in the gauges!
Its known on here not to but I didnt look into it before I got LEDs put in mine.
Within a few months, NONE of them worked anymore.
They just do not work in these gauges.

https://circuitboardmedics.com/2004-2005-ford-explorer-sport-trac-instrument-cluster-repair/
and if your PAT / Security system ever acts up (Theft light blinking)
Heres one way around that if the sensor is still working but just having trouble detecting the chip in the key.
thats been working for me without issues for a year now.

Tombstones81

I got the gauge cluster out successfully. I found a video on YouTube for an 05 explorer and thought it would be the exact same but there were definitely some differences. Good news is, I didn’t break anything! Sending the gauges off tomorrow and can’t wait to get them back!

Thanks !!

Yep & actually quite a lot of differences.
No idea why they tied so much through the gauges for the 04/05 ST models ><

Should have said you were going to Try and fix them yourself. (would have warned ya)
I tried to as well with Zero success.

Resoldered the main plug connectors?
didnt help mine & actually I made them slightly worse! haha

No idea what they Exactly fix tho.

Stoked !!! Thanks !!!
Do you have any pictures of the rear or 3/4 rear shit?

I like the cap yo!

Latest posts