I finally found a Sport Trac !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were those already Polished?!?!?!?!?!?!
See one Gen1 ST around here with Polished oem rims & they look Sweet~!
I have those type of rims on mine I swapped from my 01 st before junking it & tossed em on my 05.

Already been through the ringer sanding & polishing motorcycle aluminum parts this year.
So I have not bothered stripping the coating on mine & going through the hassle of sanding & polishing them.

If you didnt polish them & they didnt come from the factory like that.... thats another HUGE score!
Polishing aluminum to at least a decent shine is a Alot of work!
Hence why mine arent done yet hahahaha

(edit)

Okay, those are similar but not the same as mine.
& mine would be even harder to polish with those recessed sections :(

120874741-10222685217700296-3290613935567323830-n.jpg

Already polished ? As far as I know these are the original rims to the truck. They
were so bad I didn’t even know they were chrome until the dirt/grime/brake dust finally started to break free. I started with a spray on “no scrub” wheel cleaner which basically did absolutely nothing. After some you tube research I used some basic contractors solvent and a plastic firm-bristle tile grout brush. I spent about an hour on each rim but it was well worth it. I still need to go back and get some spots but the difference is amazing !

White Diamond Metal Polish works the very best out of any product or chemical I have used before.

Used white gas, kerosene, mothers & other products on my old 02 grand am oem chrome rims.
nothing got them fully clean, shining, or got rid of the rust in the corners fully until I used that.

original rims & the car had 240K at the time of these pics.

Heres after not cleaning them for at least a year (but already used the polish a few times before)
those little surface rust spots Used to be Very bad

981660-10201087118001302-592697585-o.jpg

& after.
240K miles & original, looked brand new until your right up on it to see the age.

976931-10201087118241308-510804970-o.jpg

After quite the search I am happy to say I bought a 2005 Sport Trac Adrenalin today ! I’m going to enable this truck to be flat-towed behind my RV along with a multitude of other uses. The story is pretty cool…

I found the truck on Craigslist in Northern California last week and in one of the craziest coincidences I’ve had in my entire life I ended up knowing the seller as he was once married to a friend of mine. Crazy. At the same time I found another truck on Craigslist that needs a Transmission rebuild but it has a camper shell that matched the truck I wanted to buy and was in the same area. 😳🤔😉…Could I thread the needle and buy a truck and a camper shell on the same day ?!?!
This morning I left Sacramento for the SF Bay Area to see my old friend and hopefully buy the truck. Everything went well, we settled on a fair price and I got the keys! After that I called the guy with the camper shell and he agreed to sell me the shell right off his truck. I offered him 300.00 and he took it! 🤯. We moved the shell from his rig to mine and I was on my way home. The truck runs and drives beautifully. It does have the classic “electrical demons” in the gauges (fuel gauge isn’t working and the odometer/trip flickers on and off) (check engine light popped on and off a few times as weilso hopefully I can get some help/tips/advice from you guys with that.

Now that I own a Sport Trac I finally feel like a real member of this forum!! Thanks to all of you who responded to my previous posts offering answers to my questions and advice on what to look out for in my search for a truck.
Stoked !!! Thanks !!!
I got mine 10 months ago.... lived in all summer I love her

Latest posts