I have an 07 ST V6 and i want to make it sound more like a truck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoffP Lewis

Reaction score
I have a 07 V6 ST and i want it to give it a nice rumble what can i do to make that happen. I got a Flowmaster i think 30 series muffler on it but i wanted something else what can i do to give it a nice deep sounding rumble anyone have any Ideas???

Get a V8!

Just kidding. When you had the muffler installed, did you have them remove the resonator? If not, that will give you more "sound". Also, shorter pipes (such as exiting them out the side right in front of the rear tire) will raise the sound. The problem with the V6 in my opinion is that if you start trying to reduce the backpressure of the exahaust, you start getting "raspy". I have a Flowtech Raptor muffler straight out the back with dual resonator tips and it has a very nice rumble. Almost like a 3000GT. No drone at cruising speeds. There are things you can do, but you have to be careful not to do to much or you will sound like the ricers with the 55 gal drums sticking out the back of thier cars.;)

Larger pipes helps

Todd Z

Yes i did take the resonator off the guy that did it for me put the muffler on without taking it off and it didn't make a difference so he took it off. It has a ok sound to it but i want a little deaper rumble. I was on the magnaflow website for the ST and it shows the test run with it but i think it might be kind of deceiving. I dont know if it will sound like that. It does sound good with what he has under that hood i doubt it is stock. I would also like to put an intake in it but no one makes them for 07 yet.

Geoff,

They do make an open air filter intake, and I make throttle bodies for them....

The intake is made by KKM...

I also am working on an intake like KKM's as well..

Todd Z

I was looking at the magnaflow i think i want to get that sometime. It had a good sound to it. But i would like the intake. What is the throttle body that you are talking about what does that do. I have never heard of that. Also where can i get this intake for it. and how much will it increase my HP with that and the flowmaster i have on it now??

geoff, the HP increase will be minimal. What you will be doing is letting the engine "breath" easier. The exaust you have lets the exaust out easier. Makes your vehicle pick up and go better but the HP gains aren't that much. Google KKM and you'll find many sites selling them.;)

Geoff,

http://www.zabteck.com/07tb.htm Throttle body Info

http://www.kustomz.com Intake info

Also did you know there is another member with the name Geoff ????

Todd Z

I guess that would be me, I capitalize and use my last initial. The only problem would be if someone was doing a search, the search engine doesn't differentiate capital letters and even using the Exact Phrase option doesn't pick up the capital letters or the extra initial. May not be a problem, it would depend on how often you expect to post. One solution would be to add an initial (or two) but don't put a space between it and your first name. In any event welcome to the website, I've only owned at ST for 3 months myself.