I HAVE CUT YOUR KEYS......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
Well, I cut a bunch of keys today. They will go in the mail Fri or Sat. PLEASE SEND ME ANOTHER EMAIL WITH YOUR MAILING ADDRESS. :)huh:again:blink:) You wonderful people that ordered from me THANKS

Here is the "cut" list:

DONE

Rodger McD 2 H72-PT..............

Tom C 2 H72-PT...............

Tom C 2 H72-PT...............

Yardsale 2 H72-PT.................

Allen J 1 599114..................

Eldon W 2 599114.................

Dale C 2 599114..................

WAITING LIST:

Gerry P 1 599114

Gerry P 1 H-86PT

Todd 2 599114

Todd 1 steel

Tom R 2 H72-PT

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tom,,

Went to 3 different locksmiths about your garage lock............... They say and I quote,,,,, "this thing is too old to deal with. By the time you get the wafers figured out, time and labor costs..... Tell your customer to go buy a new one. It will be cheaper."

Soooooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,????????????????????????????

They say and I quote,,,,, "this thing is too old to deal with. By the time you get the wafers figured out, time and labor costs..... Tell your customer to go buy a new one. It will be cheaper."

...and where can I find one?

Tom

Caymen,

I think LaRue means that you should just buy a more modern lock to replace the old technology of the wafer lock. Home centers like Lowe's and Home Depot carry a lot of different kids of locks that can be adapted as a replacement for almost any older style lock. Depending on your particular application, there may be a direct replacement, or something that only requires minor modifications to fit.

...Rich

I think LaRue means that you should just buy a more modern lock to replace the old technology of the wafer lock. Home centers like Lowe's and Home Depot carry a lot of different kids of locks that can be adapted as a replacement for almost any older style lock.

I know what he means. I also know that the Home Depo and Lowes near me are full of retards that do not know the difference between a lock and a garden tractor.

They sell garage doors, but no hardware for it unless you buy the hardware kit that includes everything you don't need and nothing you do need.

Tom

Tom, I will do my best. I'm going to go back to Florence and get some keyblanks and try to take the lock apart. If you don't need it back real soon,:lol: I'll have time to tinker with it. Send me an email and let me know the exact application for this lock and do you remember how it worked. OK???

Keys for Tom C, Dale C, Eldon W, Allen J, Rodger McD, and Mr Yardsale, your keys are going out this Sat.

tracnutz: yes sir, I can. Send me an email and I'll give you the information I will need.

TOM C. ..... AND THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE! BULLHOCKEY! I TOOK YOU GARAGE LOCK APART AND I HAD A WORKING KEY IN 45 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT A PRETTY KEY, BUT IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaRue,

The key is for the emergency release in case of a power outage or failure of the garage opener since I do not have a man door on our garage.

The key will be left in the house, so it doesn't need to be pretty. It just needs to work that one time that will never happen anytime in the distant future, but you have the key anyway.

Know what I mean. Email me with a total and I will mail you a check, or paypal you the cash, your choice.

Tom

The DONE list above was mail out @noon today. Thanks every one.

Tom,,, your scangage will go out on Monday in a seperate package. Will eamil later on pricetag stuff.