i miss my TB

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
since i am going to be turning in my trac in a few months, i decided to remove the zabteck throttle body and the stock one replaced.

while i was on vacation, the swap was made and now that i have been driving the trac for over a week i notice the difference.

the extra kick at full accel and when punching at cruising are gone. :(

i didn't realize that the modified TB made that much of a difference.

just thought i would share.

Last edited by a moderator:
des,

this is my 3rd trac and i am going to move on to an 09 toyota 4runner v-8 sport.

it fits my current needs as i no longer need the bed. the tranny issue is another reason i bailed out. i must say that i will miss the trac as i think it is a great looking vehicle.

jerry,

decided to pull it now as my 4runner is on order and should be here late jan or early feb.

with the holidays coming up and the usually crappy winters he have here, i just thought that i should pull it now.

btw, there maybe a magnaflow cat back available soon ;)

Well.....good luck with the 4runner, I can see where the tranny issues would drive some away into something else.

The sad thing is thats the truth....

You actually notice the power loss of mods when you remove them....

Thats why most of the dyno people like to run a vehicle with the mod for about a week, Then dyno the vehicle... Then remove the mod and see the numbers....

It inflates the claims....

GARY,

Think we could install a exhaust and remove that Magnaflow ??

Todd Z

Griff,

It was sold....

Todd Z

griff,

as todd mentioned, sold

todd,

sure anything is possible :)

as you know , i am keeping that on to the end as i really enjoy the sound :D

Looks like I was a tad late for this one huh!?

Guess I will have to wait my 2-3 weeks huh Todd?