I need help with a striped bolt

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Foster

Reaction score
I need help with a stripped bolt. i am installing the carpet on my st and the torx bolt that is holding the track for the front seat on each side is stripped and i cant get it out. how can i get it out. i really wanna gete the carpet in today and all hte other stuff is out except the front to seats. any help will be great .

thanks

shawn

That link does not work. Put in 00952154000 in the search window.

I own this same set and they are a life saver. I haven't had them fail me yet.

Just curious, if your using the right size torx, how they stripped ??

Those extractors work great, But if you have a cheep set of torx bits i usually can hammer the next larger size in there and get it out, OR using a cutter, Cut a flat slot in the head and use a large flat screw driver...

Todd Z

they were stripped when i wook the plastic cover off to remove them they look as if the previous owner had taken them out or attempted to as hey are pretty bad. i hammered the next size up into the bolt and they still woudnt even budge. i srpayed them with nut off as well.

That sucks.....

If the bolt out kits don't work, You may have to cut a flat slot in it , or cut the head off and try to remove it, or drill it out....

WAITE !!!!! CAN you see the bolt under the truck ????? Maybe get a vice grip on it from under there... Yes this will destroy the threads, UNLESS you cut a slot in the bottom of the bolt and use a HUGE screw driver to screw them into the cab...

Todd Z

Latest posts