I need help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris MacAdams 2

Reaction score
i have a 2005 ST XLS i rolled it 9 months ago and had it fixed, replacing both driver side doors. but replacing the doors removed my data plate, so i cant find my axle code, im buying the xcal from EE and i cant find the code. i looled at the axle it self and couldnt find it, HELP ME PLEASE does anyone know what the axle code would be, its 2WD, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

isn't there a vin number near drivers side windshield? I always use the door stickers but am pretty sure there is one there also.

It should be stamped on a metal tag that's screwed onto the differential on one of the coverplate screws. And if it's gone too, you can do as Woppy suggested and take your VIN to Ford and have them look up the build configuration on your ST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gavin is right.

Another quick check is the tire size. 255/70-16 tires? You got a 4.10 differential. If you have the 235/70-16 tires, you got the 3.73. IIRC, the 4.10 equipped Trac's had factory step bars. To get the bars, you had to order a package and the package was only available if you got the 4.10 with it.

Tom

The gear ratio won't matter to the speedo reading, its run from the ABS sensors. Tire size will effect it, as well as your tranny shift points, so if you make a big change in tire size, you need to have the computer reprogrammed by the dealer or with a tuner.

The gear ratio won't matter to the speedo reading, its run from the ABS sensors.

The ABS sensors send the signal to the speedometer?

What is the Vehicle Speed Sensor for then?

Tom