I think I am done with the Gulf Coast

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First Huricane Fredrick in 1979 (Mobile) and now this one. I live 50 miles north of New Orleans.

Too much stress and strain. Perhaps in a year I will move further inland and escape this for good. I am a lucky one. Only minor damage. Family spread all over the place. Pets went without food for 5 days. Slept on the floor at work for last 6 days. Was allowed to come home for a day to check things out. In the morning I go back to work. Hope to be home and about normal in perhaps 3 weeks. Many people at work have no homes....still many people not accounted for. :angry:

Glad you're ok, sorry for everything you guys are going through. Thoughts and prayers are with you, can sound trite at times like these but it's very true.

Yeah Michael. All you guys have to worry about are the little tornados! ;)

Hang in there km5er. It's gotta get better.

Come on up to Missouri. It is cold as heck in the winter with ice and snow. It is hot as blazes in the summer with desert droughts. Fall and Spring are pretty nice, though.

Come to Oklahoma. The only thing you really have to worry about is tornadoes - and they are so small (compared to Hurricanes) the odds are in your favor.

Well, there is the hail - right Darin?

And besides, the property is cheap, cheap, cheap!

:D

You have a friend in Middle Tennessee if you ever want to come up here and

check things out. (55 miles S.W. of Nashville)!:D

Glad you're okay (basically). I live in southwest PA, we average about 1 tornado every 20 years. No earthquakes. Flooding from the hurricanes, last Sept several towns here looked like N.O. does now, but just don't live near the river or the bottom of a hill. That's rare though. Oh yeah, houses are cheap here too. $120k will buy you a palace.

Downsides: Winter. Local economy is less than stellar. Winter. Potholes in roads. Did I say winter?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about AZ biggest tihng here, weather wise is monsoon season, but those only last like 6 weeks just rain. Tornados here are called dust devils :)

Yeah, I'd vote for AZ. No earthquakes, no tornadoes, beautiful sunny weather most of the year and of course the most scenic place on the planet... the Grand Canyon!

New Mexico and Colorado would run a close second.

Last edited by a moderator:
The eastern half of Colorado is just like Oklahoma/Kansas when it comes to tornadoes, but the west half is beautiful. I agree that Oklahoma is an awsome place to live. I've lived in the South most of my life and the folks in Oklahoma City are the friendliest I have ever met in the US. Add beautiful sunny weather (most of the year) low cost of living witha lot of jobs and cheap housing, and a central location and you have an ideal place to live. :D