Ice in Washington

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Smith

Reaction score
Some of you might know we have had a little snow with ice in Washington. Tonight while my father and I were going out to check out an RV site, I hit a patch of ice, slid across the road, hit a ditch and flipped my Trac onto the drivers side.

After 3 hours I got it towed out and home. It won't start - I think I killed the battery leaving the lights on and it won't take a charge.

Sorry to hear the news. I hope you and your father are ok and not hurt. Sucks about the Trac though, good luck getting it fixed. I live in Tukwila and what didn't dry up just turned to ice.

Tommy

Allen,

sorry to hear about your accident. You should take a look at the emergency fuel cutoff in the passenger kick panel. That may have been activated when you flipped the trac.

Jason

That sucks, Glad your ok........

The battery may have internally shorted out when it rolled....

Todd Z

I hope that there wasn't alot of damage.I hope it starts up good after the battery change._Ron

We were recently rear-ended, and the damage didn't look that bad, so my wife was surprised when it wouldn't start afterward. The insurance company paid for a "deep battery charge" or something like that, and since it was about the same as a new battery, the body shop just put a new battery in there. The impact of the crash apparently did something internal in the battery, because it worked fine with a new one.

My daughter-in-law hit black ice in Bremerton area...totoaled their Pathfinder. She is ok, but Pathfinder is total write off. It rolled a time or two from looks of pics.

Well, left the batt on the charger all night - just a little red circle looking up from the batt in the am. I took my batt from the RV and put it in and it tried to turn over but not much. We pulled the plugs and there was oil on a couple - so we cleaned them off, replaced them and put them back. Fired right up. A little smoke then smooth running. :)

The left fender is crunched. The drivers door is dented a little where the mirror hit it. The mirror shattered and snapped off. The passenger door has a couple scratches. The box had ONE little tiny scratch and the fuel door will not close flush. The rear tail light has a small hole in it. Other than that - nothing! I took it into the body shop I've used in the past - they already had the info from my insurance and took some pics. They can't get it in until the 29th, so I went out and bought a clamp on trailer towing mirror so I can drive it until then.

They said they need it at least a week. :(

Biznaga - I'm glad your daughter-in-law is ok! I can only imaging a full roll. We were almost stopped when it went into the ditch and it decided to lay on its side - so we were lucky!

Glad you're okay. On mine the fuel pump shut-off is not behind the kick panel, it is around the corner on the firewall...where my son's size 13's can bump it and kill the motor while I'm driving.

I already have another thread on that.