Idiot light on/no speddometer and no tachometer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emt0298

Reaction score
I have a 2008 sport trac limited. I went out to start it. When it started I lost all of the instruments in the gauge cluster. at the same time all the indicator lights came on. The truck kept running, just lost the instrument cluster. almost like when you first turn the key on before starting. I turned off the vehicle and tried to restart is and had the same issue. Later that day, I started it, the idiot lights were off except for the engine light. I did not try to drive it. Today, two days later I went to the vehicle, the remote fob would not unlock the doors, the key pad would not work. All interior lights were off and nothing electrical would work. When I tried to start the vehicle, the vehicle was dead. I hooked up a battery charger and the vehicle would not jump.

Any ideas or help would be great!!!

Sounds like the Dashboard computer died..... the truck will not run with out it...

My mechanic says it's the Alternator. When AAA jump started it (I just had the battery replaced the day before and only started it, never drove it) AAA said the Alternator was putting out " waymore than it should be". None of this makes sense to me. I just want to know that I'm not being taken.

If I followed tha mechanics logic then the alternator has fried the battery, so I would try a different one that is charged. if that doesnt fix it, then I am not sure how a faulty alternator would give those symptoms.
That could be why your previous battery needed replacing too?

Latest posts