I'm Back... In A Sport Trac!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
As some of you may recall, I sold my 2004 Sport Trac Adrenalin a little over two years ago after nine years of faithful service and fun ownership. At that time, I thought I was done with Sport Tracs, and bought a 2011 Edge as a replacement. The Edge was a great CUV to drive, but just didn't have enough cargo room to haul all of my family's "stuff" on long road trips (we don't travel lightly! :grin:) So, last spring my wife took the Edge as her daily driver, and I bought a 2011 Explorer. That had been my DD for the last six months or so. But something about Sport Tracs kept nagging at me. One of the reasons I didn't get a Gen 2 back in 2013 is that they were priced much higher than what I could spend at that time. I've been watching the used Trac market off and on over the last several years, and they'd finally begun to come down into my range. So I decided to start looking at them again seriously about a month ago, with one main criteria: I wanted a V8. I found several prospects, all 2010's. Some were LTD's, some Adrenalin's, and in various conditions from pretty good with a few paint chips to one having a totally scratched up paint job. I almost ended up buying a 2010 red AWD 81,000 mile Adrenalin, but they wouldn't come down to my offering price.

That was OK, because on Halloween, I ended up buying a 2010 4x2 V8 White Suede Limited for much cheaper than the STA. It has ~71,000 miles on it, and it was a one-owner truck. It was owned by a retired gentleman that is a service/courtesy driver for a local Ford dealer. So it was in pristine condition, and the dealership handed me a thick stack of service records. This guy had taken it in for every scheduled maintenance on this Trac, so it looks and runs great. It had every option available for 2010 except navigation and a bed extender. I'm really enjoying it so far, and I've already started modding it. It came with Husklyliner mud flaps already on it, so I didn't have to worry about those. This weekend I installed a GTS "Shade Blade" rear window visor-a must-have in my opinion for the rear sliding window. A ProClip phone mount should be here today, so I'll install that this week. I'm also adding Weathertech side window visors this weekend.

This is the first V8 I've owned in almost 20 years, and I can't wait to start playing with it. My last one was a 1986 Mustang GT 5.0, so I'm going to have to give myself a crash-course on the 281/4.6L 3V modular V8. Initial performance mods planned are: Gibson Exhaust, K&N Intake, Zabteck TB, and SCT X4 w/custom tunes from Torrie. And that's just for starters! I may do more down the road. :driving:

I've got many other mods planned, but I've listed them in my profile. I'll probably have tons of questions as I dig into this truck, so bear with me as I get up to speed on the Gen 2 Sport Tracs.:grin:

Without further ado, here she is:

[Broken External Image]:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UPw-3e_pzqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:bwahaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Andy, nice to have you back! (Even though you never really left) :grin:

Beautiful 2010. Loved your 2004 STA, can't wait to see you outdo yourself. :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious what the dealer's asking price was for this truck.

Not what you paid just where the negotiations started.

I have a 2007 v8 and I"m just at 150k miles and prior to buying this truck I never thought I'd go back to American but so far I don't have any major complaints. I believe this truck coupled with my driving will easily take me over 200k miles and from what I have read the value is not tanking out either.

Good Luck but don't pimp it out...

Thanks for the compliments, all. I wasn't sure about the white color at first, because I've mostly owned red (my favorite car color), black, and silver vehicles. But the more I looked at it during my search, I began to see it as a blank canvass, and the possibilities began to swirl in my mind... :grin:

Curious what the dealer's asking price was for this truck.

The dealers asking price was $23,990. I got it for much less than that, including my 2011 Edge as a trade-in. As I said above, the dealer had had this Trac since July, and I purposely waited until the last day of the month (31 October) to go negotiate. I always do that when buying a vehicle. If possible, I try to buy on the last day of the month, and the last day of the quarter. Often times I'll also go in about 1.5-2 hours before they close. They're more apt to negotiate later in the evening, because they want to go home, but they don't want to let that sale get away either.

Latest posts