in channel vent visor causing trouble with

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kil roy

Reaction score
passengers side rear door window.

the window is hitting it wont go all the way up.

anyone ever experience this?

if so what the heck is causing it and what is the fix?

the sticky tape may have come loose and the visor is not sitting/sticking flush in the channel.

Remove and add 3M doublesided tape making sure visor sticks flush within the channel, should correct/fix the problem. I had the same issue with my in channel rear right passenger side.

I had the same problem in my Ranger a few years ago. I tried everything. Replaced the tape, and the bugger wouldn't stay on after it started coming off. I took both off at that point and my windows whistled after that. I hope you have better luck than I did. I love the look, but I don't think I'd buy them again...sometimes I miss that pretty lil truck, but she was no Battrac!

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's been several cases of this before. I had this problem a few years back when I put mine on and what I did was took a nail filer and trimmed the back edge of the vent visor. You could probably use a dremel too if you have one. I haven't had an issue wiht it since.

Happened to me too. I just used a little bit of Gorrilla Glue on the loose corner. Didn't have to remove the visor at all. I don't plan on ever removing the visors so I had no regrets using the glue, which would probably leave a mark if I ever did remove them.

thanks for all the answers.

i like the idea of beveling the edge with the dremel.

i think i can take the squarness off and the window

should skip right over it.

well i guess i have another project for tomorrow.

wp23n, if I purchase another set, would you be interested in paying for the visor you need? I only need the rear driver side for the same reason you are describing. With my employee discount at work, it would come to about $30 for the set of 4. Just a thought, as I don't really want to buy a new set, but if we could divee them up on here, it might be worth it.

I had the same thing..... I just used the yellow weather stripping adhesive, and never a problem since..

Todd Z

I beveled both rear visors when I put them in based on advice on this board.

The day I put my in, I had to hold them in place so that they wouldn't hit as I raised and lowered the windows. They caught on the one edge, same spot as yours I suspect. This was ONLY a problem on the rears, and only when I FIRST put them in. I suppose IF I waited the 24 hour period with the windows closed it might have "set" better and the weather stripping "dented" appropriately, but the dremel beveling allowed both rears to go up and down without issue from the moment I put the visors in, and that gave me piece of mind...then I closed all the windows and left them for 24 hours.

TJR

TJR,

these were installed when i purchased the Trac so i dont know

what procedure was used other than to say the original owner

had all work done at his ford dealership and i dont mean "ALL WORK"

he paid for things that i never would have paid to have done but i guess

being in his early 60s he didnt want to do it himself.

in any case i will try to bevel the edge on that window and see if it

takes care of the problem.

and if that doesnt work Jeff C i will be in touch