in-dash video

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the Alpine IVA-W205 and have enjoyed it so far. I'll be ordering the IVA-W505 pretty soon and putting the 205 in the Explorer to replace the 200 in it. The Avic is nice also. Kind of comes down to personal preference and price as Aaron said...

I have a Pioneer In Dash DVD Player AVH P4900DVD...

it flips out and works like a charm

BUT it does cover my ac vents and if i were to do it again i would have gotten a in dash that doesn't flip out...

gl

Pioneer AVIC-Z1. Have had it in my Trac since the day after I took delivery of it, and love it. Had a Pioneer AVIC-N1 in my '01 Trac. Flip out screen was ok, but had to send it in for repairs a couple of times, and the guy I sold it to had had to do the same. The thin ribbon cable becomes brittle in it from opening/closing and breaks.

[Broken External Image]:

do you ever have issues with the touch screen getting dirty and fingerprints showing up on the sreen?

Nocturnal- I have the newest version of the head unit pictured above, (Avic-Z3), so it looks exactly the same. Finger prints aren't an issue for me but I put on a clear screen protector as soon as I installed it. You can't even tell that it's there but it really save your screen. Then I just use a micro fiber cloth to clean it every once in a while and that keeps it looking like new.

Latest posts