in need of some tire suggestions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Hasty

Reaction score
I currently have bfg all terrain 255/70/16 on my '05 adrenaline. I want to keep an AT tire on there. Are there any comparable to the bfg that is a little cheaper in price.

I do apologize for addressing your question with a question, but how many miles did you put on your bfg's that you need new ones on an '05? The only reason I ask is that I've put over 30,000 miles on mine and they have plenty of tread left.

And to address your question, there are several tires out there with an aggressive look and a lower price. Just be sure to get tires that are not "soft" and will last longer. I am sure I have seen some off-brand tires mentioned on here that people are pleased with. You will most likely get a good idea from some members. If not, you might want to do a search and see what you can dig up from old posts.

Bridgestone Deuler A/T Revos. the 265/75R16 were 125 a tire from tirerack. cost 563 total with shipping to NJ. I got over 50K out of my first set

General Grabber AT2 about 50 bucks cheaper than the BF Goodrich and VERY similiar tread design and performance. I love mine.

Check out the price on the Toyo Open Country A/T. I had them on my 03 and loved them.