install bi-fold oem ford tonneau cover 2001 st

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael moore

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

first time message... i have a 2001 ST ,my brotherinlaw just bought a 2005 ST it had a oem ford bi-fold tonneau , he did not want so i told him i sure could use one should be a piece of cake to install , so I removed all the brackets and screws then i got home and looked at my ST. there are 4 three hole patterns in the truck bed just like my brotherinlaw ST the center hole has a threaded insert but the other two holes do not they have plastic tabs no threaded inserts below the tabs .Has anyone had the problem . i have called my locale ford dealer and even gone to ford parts .com. No luck . has anyone run into this before looking for help....

P.S. used the part number of the bracket to cross referenced no luck either....

Got a pic ???

They are either covered, or some one tore out the brackets or threaded inserts...

Todd Z

I have an '01 as well that did not come with a top. There were just little plastic caps over the holes that, once removed, the threaded holes are there. I think they made all the beds the same and you should have what you need once you get the brackets and screws off of his trac.

Hmm it should just be a matter of removing the tabs and then bolting the brackets in place, but apparently there is a problem. When I did mine I ran into a problem with 2 (out of the 12) threaded inserts in that they just turned along with the bolt. I was able to kind of hold one in place enough to get it to tighten but the other one I had to do without, so one of the brackets only has 2 bolts holding it. Anyway based on what I saw then I bet it would be fairly easy for the threaded inserts to be ripped out. Have you actually checked behind all the tabs or did you just go to do the first bracket and find that those inserts were missing, maybe some of the others are still there.

Latest posts