Installed a R/T Y-Pipe Today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
My dad and I installed the R/T y-pipe this morning. I managed to come into contact with a ST owner (not a member here) about 35 miles from where I live. He's selling his ST, and had a bunch of aftermarket parts he wanted to get rid of. He gave me a pretty good deal on the y-pipe, R/T converter, and a set of underdrive pulleys. And he was looking to get rid of other stuff, so he just threw in a 180 degree thermostat, clear corners, and a Borla exhaust tip. The only catch is that I actually had to give him my stock y-pipe for the ST he's selling. No big deal, because I'll never remove the R/T pipe.

I found him when I saw his eBay auction for a chrome MAF housing like the ones sold by EE. I noticed his location was local to me, and contacted him directly. Too bad I didn't find him sooner, as he had already sold his XCal2! D'oh!

For the deal we worked out on all this stuff, I feel like I hit the jackpot!:cool:

And the exhaust with the y-pipe sounds great. It definitely has a deeper tone than before. I'm gonna have to wait a bit to install the cat, because he had it welded to his muffler, so it's no longer a direct bolt-on replacement. I'm gonna have to have a shop weld it on to my ST.

Latest posts