Installed a Rack

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Gabriel

Reaction score
Just tighten it all up and put it on the truck

heres some pics

9c12da57a9bc357230cc314dcedb6444.jpg

a1b2b89fc17523d6e08e4a2c79e5326a.jpg

d3286e5a225180e525d3de277dc3bccc.jpg

2f3dedca88efefd140098ea0ec69c8c0.jpg

87250a3b5c8b27d1c25ae864e42bcd07.jpg

And heres how it lines up with the sunroof

bdaac6c4275e376d9e676d95ccb63fac.jpg

00d051f07b29791a8b9a6aa681798e22.jpg

805ef852e74ae9d75fc09df4233a352c.jpg

Im glad the sunroof doesnt open up anymore or it will hit the rack

What ya think?

ScottG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Scott,

That is the eBay roof crossbars correct? How did they fit? Any modification need to be done? Do you think you could be a Yakima fairing on that rack? Nice job! Where did you get your rack? -DD ST

Yeah those are the ebay crossbars. They fit GREAT imo. They match up with the shape of the factory rack very well

They are SUPPOSED to work with any style bar, the mounts are a nice design

heres a side shot of the mounts for the rack:

2559682f4817351eb225157cfdb11bf6.jpg

and a link to the ebay item

Thats a nice setup! Can you replace the crossbars that came with the crossbar setup you got from eBay? I would like to get a Yakima fairing with crossbars, but the mounts are soo expensive. Could you mount a Yakima fairing to the crossbars you have? Thanks!

Can you replace the crossbars that came with the crossbar setup you got from eBay? I would like to get a Yakima fairing with crossbars, but the mounts are soo expensive. Could you mount a Yakima fairing to the crossbars you have? Thanks!

i doubt it, the crossbars are square and the openings on the mounts to the rails are sqaure, so it would seem to only replace them with similar sqaure tube

and Big D, I plan on getting some lights for it, just have to figure if i can get some clamp style mounts for them, or if i need to just drill holes

Could you give me the diameter (Width and height of the bar) measurement of the crossbars on your roof rack?I am thinking that a Thule fairing will fit. The Yakima might, if it can get around the square bars being that it is designed for circular bars.

The Thule fairing will fit a bar with a height of 2cm and a width of 3cm. This is measuring the bar when it is mounted and is flat.

Measure the bar at the angle like in the picture you have on this post with the rack bracket mounted to the bar with you holding it with your hand. In reference to the picture, from your thumb to your index finger being the height and from the left of the right being the width. Thanks!

BUMP.....The Thule 38" fairing WILL work on this rack system. The measurements of the bars on this rack are 1.25"x 7/8". The Thule bars are exactly the same in diameter. Thanks for the pics and advice! I will probably purchase one of these systems and put a Thule fairing on it. Sace ALOT of money compared to the Thule and Yakima kits. Though, they are nicer, but mainly the name is paid for....they all do the same thing. Thanks! -DD ST

LOL george...

Looks good, Well any thing looks good on an Estate Green ST !!!! ;);)

Todd Z

Better yet, give me the measurement of the very bottom tube all the way in the front of the rack that the "fairing" is attached to. Let me know the diameter of that specific tube. I am sorry for the questions and such, just brainstorming ideas. Factory ST crossbars would work with this rack and a Yakima fairing may attach to the very front lower bar on that roof rack/cage. Let me know! Thanks! -DD ST

in the ad for the link you posted it says you need the crossbars to be able to mount this rack. did you buy them separately?