Installed aftermarket tranny cooler in the 04...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I Installed the tranny cooler in the Adren today. I took the truck for a drive first about the trip I planned to take in the afternoon and read the factory cooler tamp when I got home of around 160. After the install I drove the truck slightly longer and when I got home I was reading 140. It is not the most accurate way to do it, But it was enough for me to be happy...

I had to move the Factory horns to mount the cooler, But I just drilled 2 holes on the other side and they fit perfectly... Extended the wires, loomed them up and good to go...

Some pics below if install and hose routing..

Thanks

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice clean job Todd. What happened to the factory cooler, just for information purpose. I had to replace mine when I had the 2nd-3rd tranny issue thats common in the tracs. Mine was replaced as well as a jr shift kit installed.

I left the factory cooler in the system also..... There was nothing wrong with it....

I installed the one below on my 03 and saw a huge drop in tranny temps, SO I stuck a basic one in the 04....

Many people asked how I routed the hoses and stuff, I wanted to share the pics with them...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

ND, yes I removed 1 line off the factory cooler, ran it to the new one and then used a new hose to complete the circut...

Remember the previous owner beat the crap out of this truck and cooked the tranny at 30K...

Todd Z

oh you know she was treated very well in my possesion

btw, buyer beware :eek:

I don't think washing it every day is "taking Care" of it....

Todd Z

i think you missed the " buyer beware "

oh boy, the fun i had with that trac, downshifting, bouncing off the speed limiter, and so on :eek:

Ohh I know.... Trust me the repair bills have not been fun....

Todd Z

What is your opinion on down shifting?

-----

You are very innovative Todd. One day I will prolly come back to this post when I am looking for something to do on the truck.

Snooze,

Gary did it on a regular daily basis..... Cooked the tranny.....

Todd Z

todd, i didn't know you were there when ford dropped the tranny and repaired it :huh:

i am glad you advised them of how the damage occured, because they were unsure :lol:

SST....

No Actually I used to play Louie Louie on the reverse gear on the t-5 I had in my mustang....

I got bored at lights... LOL

Todd Z

Ron,

Hows this one...

[Broken External Image]:

Todd Z