Installed Exhaust finally (pics)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Gabriel

Reaction score
Spend my birthday today getting my muffler and tips installed finally

The guy ran them different then most installs because I don't have a spare underneath, nor plan to.

So the tips come underneath the uhaul hitch. So far I love it, first exhaust work I've had done on any vehicle.

Went with a flowmaster 40 2.5inch Inlet and dual 2.25 outlet, and tips i picked up from a friend cheap

8e73bd7bef00f191bc8777d1b5e40f91.jpg

f577fbd5bcd96803a42abbc07823df8e.jpg

f5c04f4456021ba2d3c17a1a45573bba.jpg

ScottG

Good move on the spare tire. I like the look and bet she sounds great! but maybe paint the bed cap lol by the way how do u like those Dunlop's and what did u end up paying for em?

Looks good and probably sounds even better...

By the way the cap looks good and I dig the Zabteck sticker!:lol::lol:

Paul H

Yeah, that spare tire caused problems for my install as well. Looks great!!:cool:

D-

Spare caused install problems? That is due to the installer having no idea how to do the pipes to keep the spare in place. I had mine drop near the corners of the bumper and my spare was still left in place. Don't go to a muffler shop go to a Speed Shop to get your exhaust installed.

its not that it caused problems

it just worked out smoother, and Also allows more flex in my rear suspension

and it doesnt go out thru the leafs either, which i like

To me, it doesnt matter that the spare cant go back, im sure you can see it on the rack on the roof

SST, mine caused problems because I wanted them done the way Scott G has his. With the spare, IT CANNOT BE DONE.

They did them like you said, wider to the edge of the bumper, which allows for the class 3 hitch AND tire.

D-

Deryck,

Sorry but I have a class 3 hitch, and my 255/16 spare tire and 2.5 inch pipes !!!!

It can be done by the right installer, Plain and simple..

Scott, LOOKS good, and Happy Bday

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Yep, that's just how mine look. You cannot get them as close as Scott G has with the spare.

Ours are much further to the edge, look closely.

D-

my pipes are 2.5 in. and i have the spare and mine dont go through the leaflets. i had a ru of the mill shop that is the only shop in the shreveport/bossier city area that can do Sport tracs and avalanches.