Installed Halogen Back-up Bulbs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday we were in Camping World in Rocklin, CA., and at the check out they had a box of 2 50-watt halogen back-up bulbs by DesignTech International, Inc. Thanks Spaceman for doing the project!!! I went to their website, and don't know what's up, but the DesignTech-Intl.com stated on the box comes up with a remote car alarm company - weird. :wacko: Any of the electrical guru's here will want to take a look at their Snake Pit page with how-to's / tutorials.

I had them in the last truck. I noticed a difference when I saw the lights from behind, but I didn't notice much of a difference in illumumination. I'd have them in the '07, but they don't make a bulb that fits it.

I think George C has a set of these as well.... He is happy with them.... They are brighter then the oem ones....

Todd Z

I think a lot depends on the lens too. I've put halogen backup bulbs in everything I've owned for several years, they actually seem less effective with clear lenses. If the lens has a lot of flutes or diffusers then they seem to light things up better.

At least at the parts stores around me, the only place I've found them was Pep Boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advance/Discount auro parts here carries them. They're just always on a peg hook/end cap, not in the regular bulb section.

Yes, I have them and they are great. They are not like having additional lamps back there but they do help. I bought mine from Pep Boys a couple of years back.

I believe Amazon.com sells them. They also have the same bulbs with a backup chirp if someone likes that.

George

Latest posts