Instrument Cluster Trip Reset Knob for 2007 XLT?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonycotto

Reaction score
Realized after bringing my 2007 XLT that while everything works fine on my instrument cluster, the trip/reset knob is broken off just behind the plastic. Any idea where I might find a replacement? I tried sticking a toothpick in - it pushes fine, but won't rotate. I'd hate to have to take it to a dealer to put in a whole new cluster for something that silly!

Unfortunately that's how you reset the oil change too.... That part is not separate, Maybe a junkyard or some one on ebay.

Unfortunately that's how you reset the oil change too.... That part is not separate, Maybe a junkyard or some one on ebay.
That was my thought, too, but if I pick a cluster out of a junk-yard, will I even be able to remove the stem/knob, or do I just have to bite the bullet and replace the whole thing?

Just a thought... what about finding a small, thin knob of some sort and using superglue gel, epoxy putty, or some kind of plastic bonding stuff and just carefully sticking it to the end of the remaining part? Probably wouldn't be terribly strong but it might work.
Maybe you could even carefully thread something onto the it? I have these little 'rod ends' on my RC cars, and depending on the size, might work if one was careful enough when threading it on.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?cID=&s=rod+endsGood luck.

Just a thought... what about finding a small, thin knob of some sort and using superglue gel, epoxy putty, or some kind of plastic bonding stuff and just carefully sticking it to the end of the remaining part? Probably wouldn't be terribly strong but it might work.
Maybe you could even carefully thread something onto the it? I have these little 'rod ends' on my RC cars, and depending on the size, might work if one was careful enough when threading it on.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?cID=&s=rod+endsGood luck.
Thanks - my other thought was to try to find some sort of miniature sleeve to fit over a dowel rod that I could potentially attach to the remaining stem. Will let folks know how it turns out!

Latest posts